Translate

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

17 Weeks Today and I Think This Will Be The Week

My body has carried Christian for 17 weeks today. It's crazy weird yet amazing. I have carried my baby's body for four weeks after her passing. These four weeks have been an interesting roller-coaster but also quiet healing in many ways. I think overall it has been a blessing for this process to have gone slowly even though I so wanted it to happen during Week 1 when my Mommy was in Dallas. ;)

Today Sofia and I had a busy day with ballet, Starbucks, the Gap, the Chiropractor and a visit with our neighbors. While adjusting me my Chiropractor, Autumn, giggled and said, "I wouldn't be surprised if it happens today." On the drive home I started spotting!! I had a false alarm earlier this week when I thought I was spotting but today I was unmistakably spotting. My body is doing its thing naturally just in time for when my menstrual period is normally due. I had read online that many women who allow their bodies to naturally release their babies oftentimes deliver them around the time they use to get their period. I wasn't sure if this would happen for me but it looks like it just might. I am so glad I've given my body time, trusted the "reason" and sought help from a prenatal Chiropractor/ Doula.

The following quote has been all over Facebook this week and I thought I would share as it really spoke to my mind, body and soul. "Your body's ability to heal is greater than anyone has permitted you to believe."  I also came across a comment on one of the many message boards I've read over the last four weeks that I truly believe, "women have put their trust in doctors and have stopped trusting their bodies." I think in general we women are also out of touch with our bodies and have so much to learn and we should learn more about since they are our bodies.

Please keep us in prayer as things may actually happen this week. Pray that we won't have any complications and that things will go as smoothly as possible. Thank you and May God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment