Translate

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Our Son's Name is, Christian Valentine Macias

Well, since we so thought we were having a girl per our baby's high heart rate at the first sonogram, on Valentine's Day, we had been referring to our baby as Valentina Faith. Upon delivery and Dr. Macias' examination we realized we were mistaken and that we actually had a BOY!! Tears!! We have a SON!!

It took us almost 48 hours to finalize our son's name. We thought we were going to go with John Paul Valentine after Blessed John Paul II, but then we chose to name our son Christian Valentine. The name Christian actually came to us this morning as we searched feast days between March 18th and April 19th. None of the Saints/ Feast Days seemed fitting to us given the circumstances and then the name Christian came to our minds. Rick, the indecisive one, said, "let me think about it." Today's readings at Mass confirmed our thought...

The Gospel was as follows,

John 10:27-30

Jesus said:
"My sheep hear my voice; 
I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish.
No one can take them out of my hand.
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all,
and no one can take them out of the Father's hand.
The Father and I are one." 

After hearing this reading, I turned to Rick and said, "pretty appropriate for today." Rick agreed as he had seen the same passage at the Garden for the Unborn at Saint Rita Catholic Church in Dallas, Texas. Oh, how do I love that man Rick and that we share this wonderful Catholic faith.

As most of us know the name Christian means, "follower of Christ." Our baby upon his death and conditional Baptism (Using Holy Water we said, "If you are able of being baptized, I/ We baptize you in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.") has followed Christ into Heaven. And from reading my blog you probably know by now why we chose Valentine, after Saint Valentine, the Saint for love and marriage and the day we first saw our baby and heard his heartbeat.

Christian Valentine Macias was a very special Valentine's Day gift from God to us (Nelly, Rick & Sofia) on 02/14/13. 

On Tuesday, April 23rd at 10 am our son's body will be laid to rest in a special crypt, for babies who die a natural death before birth, at Calvary Hill Cemetery in Dallas, Texas. Father Bierschenk from Saint Monica Catholic Church in Dallas will be conducting the blessing/ rite.

No comments:

Post a Comment