Translate

Monday, April 8, 2013

Still Waiting, "Mama and Baby Love," Kimberly Hahn, Edible Arrangements :)

Many have asked me how I am doing. I am still waiting and still battling this cold which seems to be all in my nose and makes me sound like an 80 year old man who smoked for decades. ;)

Sunday, April 7th/ Day 18 of Waiting
My story is out as I blogged it and shared my blog on Facebook. The experience was therapeutic and I hope it helps other Moms who have been there or  may one day find themselves in a similar circumstance. We women need to openly talk about our bodies, miscarriages, "missed" miscarriages, stillbirths, SIDS, etc. so as to learn from each other and help each other. Thank you to the women who shared their stories with me. Especially a blogger by the name of Stephanie from Mama and Baby Love that I found out about through a friend. Stephanie like me is Catholic has only practiced Natural Family Planning since getting married, has one healthy beautiful little girl, had a natural "missed miscarriage," and has a bit of a potty mouth, all of which I can relate to, even the potty mouth part. ;) Stephanie's natural "missed miscarriage" has greatly prepared me for what's to come, http://www.mamaandbabylove.com/2012/01/31/my-natural-miscarriage-story/.

My dear friend from New York unexpectedly lost her baby a few weeks ago, 24 hours after giving birth. They posted beautiful happy family photos on Facebook after delivery, all seemed well. You hardly ever hear of such a thing happening but it does happen, even in 2013. Her story was on my mind the last few weeks of my first trimester and in a way has helped me cope. She is a woman of deep Catholic faith who shared the words of author Kimberly Hahn with me, "Though it is agony for those of us who remain, the truth is our children are better off with the Lord. They have been spared the pain, suffering and sin in this world." A little hard to swallow but in reality it is true.

Monday, April 8th/ Day 19 Waiting
I am still waiting. I slept in until 10:30 am or so after taking NyQuil late last night for this cold. This cold just won't quit. Thank God for Rick and BofA, they have been so supportive. Sofia insisted on wearing her ballet attire today and danced around the house, she is such a sweet girl who makes us smile.

My friend Ailer sent us not one but two Edible Arrangements this afternoon. Sofia is going to go nuts over her arrangement when she wakes up from her nap. Thank God she still takes a nap.

My OB wants to see me on Wednesday for a sonogram and check-up. On Wednesday I will be "16 weeks" pregnant with the body of my ~13 week deceased child. So weird to think that if I had gone to my regularly scheduled 12 week appointment (which I pushed back a week b/c of Sofia's Spring Break) I would not have known until my 16th week appointment/ this week that my baby had passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment