Translate

Friday, May 10, 2013

Healing May Be a Life Long Process...Grieving Made Me Lose a Contact!!

Grieving comes and goes... It is definitely not something you get over after the burial... It is not something that ceases days or weeks later... No, it may last a lifetime... It may sort of always be there until one is reunited with their loved one in Heaven...

I joined a group on Facebook called M.E.N.D. (Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death). I haven't been to their Dallas Fort Worth monthly meeting yet but plan to go in June. Tonight a mother of five children, 2 babies on earth and 3 angel babies posted a message that hit me. In her words, "It was 15 years ago this month that we suffered our second miscarriage (of our three miscarriages). Crazy how those "anniversary" dates hit you. I was just minding my own business today, then an overwhelming sadness hit me. I realized it was May 1998 and the loss of my baby that was what had hit." Wow! 15 years later and after having had a subsequent baby on earth "it"/ "grief" still hits her.

Reading her post made me realize that the pain may last a lifetime. There are lots of normal everyday moments during the grieving process and then there are those moments that hit you. I had one of those moments yesterday while sitting outside having a cup of coffee in the Bishop Arts District with my girlfriend Erin. We were talking about the grieving process, mourning a loved one and I suddenly teared up, turned my face to the side and my brand new contact fell out! That then made me laugh. I totally lost my right contact and could not see very far out of my right eye. Erin had to drive me home to get my glasses! ;) Oh this thing called life on earth. It's something else sometimes.




No comments:

Post a Comment