Translate

Friday, May 17, 2013

It's Been Four Weeks...Thankfulness...Art Therapy

It's been four weeks since I delivered our sweet angel baby, Christian. I can't believe it. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and the very first thought I have is did I really deliver the body of our sweet son at 17 weeks and 2 days in my tub? Did that really happen? Or was all that a dream? Life! Life on earth!

Earlier today I went to see my Chiropractor, Dr. Autumn Gore, for the first time since everything happened. Upon arriving I had a very unexpected sweet warm welcome and embrace from her office manager, she gave me such compliments about the way my husband and I handled our situation and our baby. I was completely caught off guard and touched as I didn't know how much she knew but I am guessing she may have read our blog. :) Then I saw Autumn and we didn't really talk about what happened but I just kept telling her thank you. I feel like I need to tell her thank you for the rest of my life. She was such a force and encouragement to wait on God and deliver our son naturally.

Thank you God for Autumn.

I've done a bit of shopping lately, call it retail therapy. My girlfriend Erin and I actually talked about this as we've both been there, I'm still there. ;) Anyway, there is this artist, a mother, named Stephanie Dyer who experienced the still quiet birth of her sweet daughter, Amelia Rose, and was moved to create and help others in pain. Stephanie now has a company/ studio/ charity/ blog called Beyond Words Designs, to read her amazing story and browse her beautiful art click here. I purchased the painting pictured below for our bathroom to hang on the wall of our tub. The blues remind me of our baby boy and well the mother delivering her child in the water all by herself reminds me of the moments I had delivering Christian when Rick was in the kitchen. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment