Translate

Monday, November 4, 2013

Three of My New Kitchen Favorites

1. All-Clad Stainless Steel Cookware
So in our quest for going green, natural, organic we returned our nonstick Calphalon cookware set we got for our wedding almost six years ago. Thank goodness Bed, Bath & Beyond has a no hassle return policy and an extremely helpful manager/ former chef at their Park Lane location. This manager taught us a whole lot about cookware and highly recommended All-Clad's Stainless Steel Collection made in the USA. So we traded our nonstick for a bright shiny stainless steel 10-piece. We are in love with our new cookware and this could just be in our heads but we think our food looks and tastes better than ever. ;)

2. USA PAN Cooking Sheets
After Sofia and I were baking with our girlfriends I was embarrassed by my very warn and a little rusty baking sheets that had all sorts of crusty stains on them so I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond in search of new baking sheets. Fortunately, for me I asked their very knowledgeable manager/ former chef for help and he told me all about USA PAN. What a company, what a product! For all my bakers out there go to their Web site, check out their products, buy their commercial quality bake-ware and thank me later. ;) You will be amazed by the cleanup. I use to scrub my baking sheets and now I just glide my sponge and some warm soapy water over them and they continue to look brand new! No stains, no rust, no nada! Amazing!

3. Sprouts Organic Spices
I've been organizing like crazy since May as a form of therapy and well it's been so good for me. Anyway, one of the things I recently organized was our spice shelf and boy did I find some horrible things. I discovered some unhealthy not really natural spices, many expired spices and lots of duplicate spices. I tossed several spice bottles and then went out in search of organic spices. My usual grocery stores are Central Market and Whole Foods both of which have organic spices but are a bit costly. On a quick run to Sprouts for their "Vitamin and Body Care Extravaganza" I thought to take a look at their spice section where to my surprise I found store brand organic spices for $1-$2+ cheaper than competitors. Cha-ching!

No comments:

Post a Comment