Translate

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"Grief Will Find You"

In MEND I have met some very wise Mothers and I have gained little bits of wisdom from them. One of which told me about her journey during which she said, "grief will find you." You can run from it, ignore it, avoid it, not deal with it, act like whatever happened didn't really happen, move on but eventually it will find you.

Related to that note I saw the title of this article last night on yahoo, "Liam Neeson and Natasha Richardson's Son Had a Delayed Reaction to Her Death."  The title caught my eye so I had to click on the link and read it. Liam and Natasha's story moved me when I first heard of it years ago. Natasha died from a skiing accident at the age of 45. She was merely engaging in a leisurely activity with her family. Every time I see Liam on TV, in interviews, I think of his late wife Natasha. I think about what he and their children must be going through without her here on earth. Last night was when I caught a glimpse of what it has been like grief wise for their son who was 13 years old at the time, now 19. Here's the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment