Translate

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Baby is alive! Heartbeat: 174! :)

Today is our 11 week appointment where the nurse checked baby's heartbeat with a doppler and where we are awaiting to have my blood drawn to check baby's chromosomes.

We just met my MFM's nurse, Sam, for the first time and we quickly told her our story. She warned us that it may take her a little bit to find baby's heartbeat with the doppler. She then began to check on the left side of my lower abdomen and after a minute asked to take my pulse which scared us given our history. I prayed and clutched Rick's hand with both of my hands. The nurse then moved the wand to the middle of my abdomen and baby's heartbeat was loud and strong at 174! Praise the Lord! Tears and hugs!

Today, July 21st, also marks the two year anniversary of the due date of our second baby, baby Sam. :) Baby Sam, nurse Sam... God wink??? ;) 

Thank you Lord for good news today. You know what we have been living through the last 2.5 years with RPL. You knew our fears about this morning and how we prayed that today would not be a double whammy of grief and sorrow. Instead today is a good day! Thank you Lord for today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment