Translate

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

36 Weeks Pregnant Today!!

We are 36 weeks pregnant today and it feels surreal! I am trying to "get in the zone" as we prepare for a natural childbirth. I feel like I procrastinated on this aspect of pregnancy as I have been guarding my heart on and off and after our 32 week small and large intestine scare/ MRI I was kind of numb, almost paralyzed. It has taken me almost a month to fully recover from the scare. The Xanax they gave me before the MRI was pretty strong as well but luckily lasted less than a day. I am such a light weight when it comes to "drugs." I asked for a wheelchair after the MRI as I felt like I could not walk like a normal person and did not want to fall. I felt very lightheaded, almost drugged or drunk. There was one other thing that Docs were keeping an eye on for two weeks after seeing it in the MRI and that was a very mild 10-11 ml left ventriculomegaly that they were 90% sure was nothing and did not want us to worry about but would keep monitoring. Praise be to God it was GONE/ down to 6-8 ml by our 34 week checkup. After a miraculous MRI we somehow did not worry that much about the mild left ventriculomegaly although it was in the back of my mind.

Now it is time to relax and prepare for Baby Girl Macias' arrival, particularly her labor and delivery which as of now will be spontaneous. Since she and I are doing so well which feels so strange to even say Docs want us to just wait until labor starts naturally. They said we can reevaluate if spontaneous labor has not started by our 39 week checkup. We have hired a doula and booked a birth photographer. Our doula has experience with loss, natural childbirth and an emergency preterm medicated birth so I feel she is really well rounded for us. She is also a Christian which is very important to us and came recommended to me via my Plano support group. Our birth photographer has captured the stillbirths and rainbow baby births of a couple of our friends which just seems likes a good fit for us.

I do have stress and anxiety over how we are going to juggle Sofia and spontaneous childbirth. Fortunately one of our MFMs recently told us to just bring Sofia with us to L&D and we can figure things out as we go. This was great to hear as all four grandparents live out of town and will be flying into Dallas. We actually don't have any family members who live in Dallas.

Sofia is very interested in birth so she has been watching videos with me as I prepare. She also loves going through her birth album in detail. ;) Who knows how this will all happen. She may be at school for all we know or she may sleep through the whole labor and delivery if it happens in the middle of the night/ wee hours of the morning. God knows!!!  And we shall see... Thank you Lord for Baby Girl Macias!!! We are all looking forward to meeting her face to face, holding her, kissing her, loving her, talking to her, praying with her, etc.. For now we will do our best to prepare for a supernatural childbirth, in Jesus name!

1 comment: